Event Safety Alliance has revealed the agenda for the forthcoming Event Safety Summit — a hybrid in-person and virtual three-day event that will take place from 1 to 3 December 2021 on the campus of Rock Lititz in Lititz, Pennsylvania.
Registration to attend the 2021 Event Safety Summit, either in-person or virtually, can be found here.
The initial agenda is as follows:
- Insurance: It’s the Common Policy Exclusions and Limitations That Will Hurt You
- Communicating the Science: Explaining Safety Requirements for In-Person Attendance
- Where Have All the Workers Gone? The Labor Shortage and What One Can Do About It
- Codes, Standards, and Reasonable Safety Practices for the Event Industry
- Dusting Off the Gaff Tape: Returning to Events
- DIY: Training Programs and How to Build Them
- Creating Safe, Sustainable Events
- Demos, Discos, and Dive Bars: Applying a Harm Reduction Approach to Event Safety
- Extinguishing Fires at Live Events
- Risk Identity: Why Most People Don’t See or Say Something About Safety Hazards
- Starting from Scratch: Designing Safe Event Sites from the Ground Up
- Hackers Everywhere! Cyber Security for Live Events
- Accessibility at Live Events
- Paper vs. Reality: What are you REALLY buying?
- Peace in the Neighbourhood: Providing Event Security to Guests with Grievances
- Leveraging Technology to Create a Proactive Safety Culture
- Climate Change and Its Effect on Outdoor Events
“This year’s agenda really does reflect the times we live in and the complex challenges that confront everyone involved in the production and staging of live events,” emphasised Event Safety Alliance President Jim Digby. “From traditional safety concerns to the health and weather threats that have become part of the modern event industry, this year’s agenda is going to take a serious look at all of the things that live event professionals really need to plan for as part of a complete event safety plan.”
Echoing those comments, Take1 Insurance Executive Vice President & Program Director, Scott Carroll emphasised: “As an insurance provider, safety must be the number one consideration of everyone involved in event production. Nothing takes priority over considering every possible threat and having a contingency plan in place to mitigate those threats. Together with Intact Insurance Specialty Solutions, we are proud to be the Co-Presenting Sponsors of this vital annual industry event.”
We think you'll like these related articles.